Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Altec 19 Value

  1. #1
    Junior Hostboard Member Rvito's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a pair of Altec Model 19's that I might sell and was wondering what a fair price would be. The grills are in excellant shape, The Cabinets are in real nice shape,Only one bad spot on top where the previous owner had a plant or something on it. There is a round stain. The Finish is in nice shape although not oak. As far as the drivers the one horn needs a new Diaphram, The woofers are in excellant condition. These are 1978 Vintage. Thanks for any info.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member gearjammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2002
    Posts
    96
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The price is whatever someone is willing to pay. Try 800 to 1800. There is a member on this forum by the name of Dylan in pittsburg looking for a pair give him a shout.

  3. #3
    Junior Hostboard Member Rvito's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Changed my mind and going to keep the 19's. I know I would miss them too much. I'am going to remove the drivers and ship them to Great plains to have them gone over and while they are gone I'am going to have the Cabinets re- Finished by a local shop that does outstanding work.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member rghinton's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    149
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Good choice. I once had Altec Speakers. I got sold them and missed them ever since. I bought Altec Speakers on e-bay am now happy again. I have some speakers on the way to Great Plains Audio and I have some on the way back. Bill Hanuschak does really great work. You will have to put pictures on this site when you are finished with your 19's. Here is what I am building: http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ult...c&f=3729&t=928 Good Luck, Reed

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.